The Gandhi-Shepards love spice. That’s what happens when half of us is Indian and can’t be satiated unless food has some kick to it. Minal Monster made some yummy salmon and potatoes last night! She improvised with ingredients already in the kitchen. Here are some pics:
Now, since we showcase our meals often, we’re going to share the recipes of featured foods as often as we can. We hope to become your tummy’s best friends. Bon appétit!
- Yields: 2
- 2 – 4 oz. salmon steaks
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2-3 tblsp. cajun spice
- 1/2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 4 tblsp. lemon juice
- Mix garlic, cajun spice, mustard and lemon juice in small bowl to make a paste. Rub paste onto salmon steaks.
- Refrigerate coated salmon for 90 minutes.
- Preheat toaster oven at 350 degrees. Cover baking pan with aluminum foil and coat foil with some vegetable oil.
- Bake salmon steaks for 12 to 14 minutes.
Spicy Pesto Potatoes
- Time: 20 minutes
- Yields: 2
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tblsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tblsp. pesto sauce/paste
- Peel, wash and cube potatoes.
- Heat oil on high in sauté pan, and throw in potatoes (Careful, the oil will splatter!).
- Lower heat to medium.
- Add all ingredients except pesto into pan and stir; allow potatoes to brown a bit.
- When potatoes are nearly cooked, add pesto. Stir, cut heat and serve.