Quesagrilla and Guacamole
Like many American men, I like to grill, and I like a meal that can be made quickly. A recent night called for just that. So we feasted on a homemade Mexican staple. Bon appétit.
A “quesagrilla” is a quesadilla made on a grill.
- time 20-35 min
- yield 2-4
- Boneless chicken breast
- Bag of shredded cheese (Try Kraft’s Mexican Four Cheese)
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 serrano chili pepper
- 1 large tomato
- Fresh cilantro
- Cumin powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Season your chicken (I used cajun spices again) and throw it on the grill.
- Chop up the avocado, onion, tomato, pepper, cilantro and the mango and throw them in a bowl. (Tip: Keep the avocado seed in the bowl to prevent the guacamole from turning brown.)
- Add salt, pepper and cumin powder to the guacamole and mix all the contents together. Add lime juice. Refrigerate until it’s time to eat.
- Take the chicken off of the grill and slice it up.
- Spread the mixed cheese generously over one tortilla, and then cover the cheese with the sliced chicken.
- Top it with another tortilla and throw it back on the grill for 5 minutes or so. Flip it over and grill the other side for a couple minutes. Cooking time will depend on the heat of your grill.
- Cut heat, take the quesagrilla off the grill, cut it up, and top it with your fresh guacamole!